Sunday, June 12, 2011

Techniques of Writing (Part 2) - Components in a Story (Narrative Writing)

A story is also composed of 3 parts:
 Beginning
 Climax
 Ending

In SPM narrative writing, the questions are mostly stated in either:

1) Write a story that begins with…/Write a story beginning with…

OR

2) Write a story that ends with…/Write a story ending with…

Sometimes, the questions are given like “an embarrassing experience” and “a memorable camping trip”.

For every paragraph including the beginning, climax, and ending, make sure that every paragraph has only 1 focus. In other words, in one paragraph, you can only mention about one particular event.

For example:

A ray of warm sunlight hit my face and birds started to chirp happily. My heavy eyelids slowly opened. I woke up and got down from my bed vulnerably and lazily, stretching my body and giving a lazy yawn. I went towards the window and opened it. Wow, what a wonderful morning!

(Here, the focus is that morning came. Before the sentence “wow, what a wonderful morning!” all the sentences are used to emphasize that morning was here.)

No comments:

Post a Comment